Beginning Sunday, February 20, the National Weather Service offices that serve Tennessee conducted Severe Weather Awareness Week 2022. Each day, a new topic was covered by way of online presentations.
Individuals or groups will be able to attend the following classes at no cost, in the comfort of their own home using the extremely user-friendly computer program, GoToWebinar. The only requirement will be speakers to listen, for those using a computer. To ask questions, a VOIP microphone is necessary (this is not a requirement).
• Sunday February 20 – Important Role of SKYWARN Spotters
• Monday February 21 – Flooding and Flash Floods
• Tuesday February 22 – Lightning, the Underrated Killer
• Wednesday February 23 – Tornado Safety and Preparedness
• Statewide Tornado Drill including a NOAA Weather Radio test will be conducted at 9:30 a.m. CST
• Thursday February 24 – Severe Thunderstorms
• Friday February 25 – NOAA Weather Radio and the Emergency Alert System
• Saturday February 26 – Importance of Social Media
Each class can be viewed on a Mac or PC, as well as on iPad, iPhone or Android device by simply downloading the FREE GoToWebinar app in the app store (you will need the Webinar ID number supplied in the registration email).
See https:// www.weather. gov/ ohx/swaw2022 to register.